Monday, March 21, 2011

The Imperfections

I have a thing for imperfections...
I love the way your eyes are placed on your face.
I love the way your teeth sit in your mouth.
I love the freckles on your face.
I love the way you scrunch your nose when you smile.
I love how big your ears are and how they frame your face.
I love the gap between your front teeth.
I love how smooth and dark your skin is.
See I have a thing for imperfections...
Things that make you unique and special.
Things that set you apart from everyone in your family and your friends.
Things that make you who you are and define your physical personality.
The imperfections that you crave so much to change are what attracts me to you,
Your crocked smile, your kinky hair, your full lips.
Braces, skin bleach and perms only destroy the beautiful imperfections that God has given you.
Plastic surgery, botox, and expensive beauty treatments only take you away from yourself
You loose yourself in an attempt to seek "perfection"
But you see I have a thing for imperfections
Because Your imperfection is My perfection
Your crocked smile is what keeps me going
Your dark, smooth sking is what I crave at night
Your full lips are what I desire every time we kiss
So now you know my thing for imperfections
Relax and let me enjoy your im-Perfection.

1 comment:

  1. lol, its SO funny that you made this post because I have a post speaking on imperfections but i just havent revised it yet, lol ! However, I love it girl ! That's the #realish some people don't tend to see ... Well anyway, Keep it comin' girl ! <3 ;]

    ReplyDelete